Saturday, May 17, 2008

Turn, Turn, Turn...

Saturday night. It's been a good day.

This morning Sophie and I sat out on the deck with books (I reading mine, she eating hers), coffee, and pancakes. It was a beautiful morning. Jon and I used to do that every Saturday... today was our last in this house. It's kinda the end of a lot of things...

Our PWOC Installation Ceremony was Wednesday. It is so incredible to think about all the things that have happened since I was installed as President at last May's Installation... and when we installed Misty as the new President in December (remember- we thought we were moving to Missouri!) I'll admit, it was a little bittersweet. Not only am I leaving (albeit only an hour away, but it will be a new PWOC), but many of my friends are as well. Who knows where I'll run into them next...

PWOC has been such a big part of my life. It is what got me connected, it's really what made me start liking the Army life. With Jon gone, they really have been my family. It is sad to me that I won't see the same faces every Wednesday morning... the first of many good-byes over these next years, I suppose...

Just as any time you leave a group in which you held a leadership role, it involves a certain level of humility. The new president won't do things the same way I did- which was different (though similar) to the way Misty did them. Next year's Ft. Stewart PWOC will have a different flair- and for the health of the organization, that's a good thing. I'm excited to see where it leads.

Yesterday we had a Farewell for our Installation Chaplain's wife as our monthly Chaplain Spouses Coffee. (It was held at the Savannah Tea room- lovely! I had a light Pomegranate White Tea and delicious Vegetable Quiche). Like PWOC, the personality of this group will change with new leadership. I have gotten to know both the outgoing and the incoming (they are both incredible women), and I look forward to seeing how the group shifts over the next few years.

I also finished my two classes this week (with an A in both!), attended the Hunter Spouses Club Installation Ceremony, and by this time on Tuesday night will (hopefully) be sitting in our new house.

As with every closing chapter in my life, along with the sadness for what is lost comes the anticipation for what is gained...

No comments: