Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Update!


I'm back!

We got moved in fine- it actually wasn't nearly as stressful as I was anticipating! Thanks so much to Andrew, Lori, Misty, Jenny, & Dawn for helping in various ways! Couldn't have done it without you!!

We were here for a whopping one whole day before packing up and heading to Atlanta for the weekend! We closed on the house Thursday morning and left from there. Leah & Katie, two of our students from Grace, came over to Rocky & Carolyn's house for dinner (see girls- I told you you'd make it on the blog! :-) We had a great time hanging out and catching up!

Friday morning we went to the school for the Awards Ceremony. I don't think ANYONE saw Sophie without commenting on how much she looks like Jon! I think my favorite comment was a staff member saying to Carolyn, "I saw Sara, then I looked down and saw Jon... in a dress!"

Saturday we went to Hudon & Carolene's (Sophie's "adoptive" grandparents)- Sophie loved taking her nap on Carolene!

We rushed from there to graduation! I am so happy for all these kids... hmm... maybe not "kids" anymore! :-)

It was really refreshing to hang out with Rocky & Carolyn. She even commented that she wasn't sure how it would go- we usually are together as couples! It was so great, though- it's nice to know that friends are still friends, even when circumstances pull us geographically apart.

In Sophie news, we've been doing solids for a couple weeks! She is doing so well- I am so proud of her! She's rolling over, scooting all over the place (though quite accidentally), and talking up a storm!

2 comments:

Amy Lynn said...

Oh, the cuteness!!! I can't wait to get my hands on that girl and give her some lovin' from Aunt Amy!

Glad you had a safe trip to Hotlanta and that you are all moved.

Can't wait to see you!!

Amy Lynn said...

PS. I will work on your bloggie thing next week, 'kay.