Friday, March 07, 2008

On a rainy morning

What a morning. It's rainy. Thundering, actually. I brought Sophie into bed with me at about 7:30, and we cuddled while we listened to the rain. It was great.

Now we're sitting on the couch, me with my coffee, her sitting next to me, leaning on my shoulder, cute-little-baby-snoring. We're listening to Minnie Driver. Perfect rainy morning music...

We've been doing well. I have managed to stay incredibly busy. I don't think there has been a day yet that I have stayed at home all day. I just may today, though... I really need to get the house ready to go on the market. I was supposed to have coffee with a friend today, but her baby is sick.

Jon is doing really well also. He hit the ground running- he was woken up four hours after he arrived to be with a soldier who had just had a death in the family. He is starting to get integrated into the unit and is enjoying being back with soldiers again.

(By the way, he would love to hear from you! If you don't have his address and would like it, leave me a comment and I'll get it to you.)

The rain is tapering off, for now. Sophie's getting restless. Ok, now crying. Loudly. i think that's my cue...

No comments: