Sorry it's been so long... I'm just starting to recover from my two weeks away! Add to that having to move chapels (and childcare) for PWOC meeting yesterday, a Chapel budget meeting (at the same time as PWOC), a Chaplain's wives lunch today, and getting ready for some friends to come over tonight, it's continued to be busy! (having a pain in my hip so bad I could barely walk yesterday did NOTHING to help matters... fortunately I woke up today and it was gone!)
Anyhoo... Rachel, whose husband is currently at CH-BOLC (when Jon went it was CHOBC- either way, it's the Chaplain Officer School), tagged me a while back with a meme on personal policies. I gave it some thought and couldn't really come up with any, when my husband lovingly informed me that I am rather quirky and have a lot of "policies" that don't necessarily make sense... I still don't know WHAT in the world HE'S talking about... so here are a few I came up with:
1) ALWAYS CHECK THE DATE! I never drink milk or consume any dairy products that are even a day past the expiration date. Blech!
2) Speaking of milk, it goes with tomato-based foods. I don't know if you would really call it a policy per se, but I don't do any of that pop-with-pizza thing. Spaghetti, burritos, lasagna, pizza, etc- I always drink milk.
3) Spend an hour each morning on the internet, with the tv on, as "wake-up time." Yes. Policy. And don't even THINK about calling me during that time. If you do, I won't answer (for which you should be appreciative... suffice it to say I'm not the most friendly before I am fully woken up, at 10am... I think my former 1st- and 2nd-hour students would tell you that. In fact, my 2nd- hour class often commented that I was much more talkative and alert toward the end of class than the beginning. The class was from 9:05-9:55.)
4) Get up with Jon to have coffee each morning. Yep, I'm out of bed before 8 every day out of pure love for my husband. And 95% of the time I don't even go back to bed!
5) Never blog anything I wouldn't want my grandmother to read. Not that either of my grandmothers even read my blog (though both of my husband's do...), but this is just a good reminder...
6) Never leave my house in sandals without my toenails painted. 'Nuf said.
7) Always, Always, ALWAYS make sure my keys are in my hand when I lock the car door. That horrific 6-month period when I was engaged and newly married I think I locked my keys in my car at least once a month. (The worst being the time that I had just gone to WalMart and had FOUR replacement keys made- you know, to keep in different locations so I would never be without. Immediately after leaving WalMart, I went to get gas... and wouldn't you know it, locked all five keys in the truck.)
That's all I can think of for now. I'm supposed to tag 5 people, but to make it easy, we'll go with my fellow familial bloggers: Jon, Josh, Amy, and Dad. And for the 5th, any of you who blog who feel so inclined- you're it too! :-)