Thursday, June 21, 2007

Personal Policies Meme

Sorry it's been so long... I'm just starting to recover from my two weeks away! Add to that having to move chapels (and childcare) for PWOC meeting yesterday, a Chapel budget meeting (at the same time as PWOC), a Chaplain's wives lunch today, and getting ready for some friends to come over tonight, it's continued to be busy! (having a pain in my hip so bad I could barely walk yesterday did NOTHING to help matters... fortunately I woke up today and it was gone!)

Anyhoo... Rachel, whose husband is currently at CH-BOLC (when Jon went it was CHOBC- either way, it's the Chaplain Officer School), tagged me a while back with a meme on personal policies. I gave it some thought and couldn't really come up with any, when my husband lovingly informed me that I am rather quirky and have a lot of "policies" that don't necessarily make sense... I still don't know WHAT in the world HE'S talking about... so here are a few I came up with:

1) ALWAYS CHECK THE DATE! I never drink milk or consume any dairy products that are even a day past the expiration date. Blech!

2) Speaking of milk, it goes with tomato-based foods. I don't know if you would really call it a policy per se, but I don't do any of that pop-with-pizza thing. Spaghetti, burritos, lasagna, pizza, etc- I always drink milk.

3) Spend an hour each morning on the internet, with the tv on, as "wake-up time." Yes. Policy. And don't even THINK about calling me during that time. If you do, I won't answer (for which you should be appreciative... suffice it to say I'm not the most friendly before I am fully woken up, at 10am... I think my former 1st- and 2nd-hour students would tell you that. In fact, my 2nd- hour class often commented that I was much more talkative and alert toward the end of class than the beginning. The class was from 9:05-9:55.)

4) Get up with Jon to have coffee each morning. Yep, I'm out of bed before 8 every day out of pure love for my husband. And 95% of the time I don't even go back to bed!

5) Never blog anything I wouldn't want my grandmother to read. Not that either of my grandmothers even read my blog (though both of my husband's do...), but this is just a good reminder...

6) Never leave my house in sandals without my toenails painted. 'Nuf said.

7) Always, Always, ALWAYS make sure my keys are in my hand when I lock the car door. That horrific 6-month period when I was engaged and newly married I think I locked my keys in my car at least once a month. (The worst being the time that I had just gone to WalMart and had FOUR replacement keys made- you know, to keep in different locations so I would never be without. Immediately after leaving WalMart, I went to get gas... and wouldn't you know it, locked all five keys in the truck.)

That's all I can think of for now. I'm supposed to tag 5 people, but to make it easy, we'll go with my fellow familial bloggers: Jon, Josh, Amy, and Dad. And for the 5th, any of you who blog who feel so inclined- you're it too! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) My grandmas do read so I follow rule #5 too.

OK locking 5 keys in the car. That's awesome.

Anonymous said...

My personal policies (Sara's Dad):
1- Never respond to personal policy requests (except when the request comes from one of my children)

2- Never dress in clothes that match what Cheryl (my wife) is wearing.

3- I don't change my watch when traveling to other time zones. (The time zone in which I live isn't even observed by our town. But that's another story - see my blog: danandcheryl.blogspot.com, and look for the "Does anybody really know what time it is?" entry)

4- I'm not really interested in what you think about my preferred style of worship. So feel free to keep your comments to yourself.

5- Avoid mass forwarded emails. Never pass them on.

6- If I know it's expected of me, simply out of tradition - and for no other good reason - I probably won't do it, or will do it another way.

7- I don't care how people dress at your church, and aren't really interested in what you think about the way we dress at ours.

8- My commission to honestly teach the Word of God is more important than your desire to hear something that makes you feel good about yourself.

Sara said...

Thanks for the comment, and I apologize for failing to inform you of the Official Meme Rules: You're supposed to post on your OWN blog. Then, tag 5 other people to do the same thing. Or don't. Either way. But the key is to post on your own blog.

Sorry!

Anonymous said...

I used to lock my keys in the car all the time before Chris and I got married. I would have to call him to come rescue me after work. :)

~~Rachel
www.nothinggold.net