Sunday, June 24, 2007

Musings, both random and not:

Here I sit, procrastinating doing my homework. The overhead light is on, trying to lull me into reading an essay about hypersexual black women. Can you blame me for procrastinating?

I am flipping back and forth between a rerun of Next Food Network Star and School of Rock. Both I have seen before. And yet, I have to say, this is a perfect Sunday evening. Well, save for the imminent assigned reading and subsequent essay...

Ooh... my life just got more interesting- Next Food Network Star just started a new episode, and they're making food for soldiers out of MREs! That's pretty cool.

Reading a few blogs of women whose husbands are at CH-BOLC (and one who is there herself) has made me reflect on our lives a bit...

As I mentioned the other day, I had my first lunch with the Ft. Stewart Chaplains' Wives this week. (Apparently, they didn't know I was here until recently- they all welcomed me to the area, and when they learned I had been here since January, apologized profusely. Eh well, whatareyagonnado? No one is perfect! :-) I did have a good time though. It's really neat to connect with women who have are on the opposite end of this journey- approaching retirement, having served for two decades. There are a couple that I want to be just like when I grow up!

Sometimes I wonder if I'm just in the honeymoon phase of Army life, if one day it will be so rote that I won't really even enjoy it. I hope not. Though I'm sure that in a few years I'll laugh at this, I feel like I have a good enough grasp of it right now to know I'll enjoy it. It won't always be what it is right now- there will be installations I hate, places where I just can't seem to connect with other wives... times when Jon won't be there...

But, I have learned to not dwell on the "What Ifs"- they will rip you apart. Right now, I'm happy to be where we are... and... right now, that's all that matters.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Sara!

My name is Laura and my husband is also an Army Chaplain. He and Rachel's husband are at CHBOLC together right now. I just wanted to stop by and say hello.

Take care!

Laura said...

I forgot I'd already commented a while back...