Monday, April 23, 2007

an oddity

I woke up stiff this morning.

The front of my thighs felt like I had done a serious work-out...

Thing is, I haven't been to the gym since Friday...

It hasn't gotten better- "What did I DO?"

Then when Jon came home from work, he said he experienced the same thing.

He figured out why:

Yesterday at Kids Church, he led us all in "I've Got the Joy" (an updated version of the old Sunday School classic). The verse has the word "joy" in it 18 times- he had us jump up/ every time we said the word "joy"... then the same with "love" and "peace"- basically we did 54 squats...

Man alive, never would I have thought that children's ministry could be so exhausting...

1 comment:

steve said...

Welcome to getting old. Funny thing, your heart and mind never seem to think your more than 18 years old. Continue to focus on thinking young and take asprin.