Friday, April 27, 2007

Mosquito Test

It's been a while. A couple times I have even opened blogger dashboard to write something, then have utter writer's block.

I officially got the Kids Church contract! I'm excited to really start working on that now... but I sure am staying busy!

In lieu of anything interesting going on in my mind, I will refer you to Jesse's site. He just posted something quite fascinating about how as people get older, they lose hearing at high frequencies (he was even kind enough to post different frequencies you can listen to to see where you rate!) What's interesting about this is that apparently (I had never heard of it), kids can set this as a ringtone on their cellphones, so they can hear them in class while their old-fogey teachers can't! You really need to read this!

ETA: Follow the Earl's lead and post how you rated in the comments section!

6 comments:

earl of lennox said...

so young'un, what was your number?

mine was 16

17 and 18 if I pushed the headphones against my ears.

K heard 18 right off.

Guess that proves somethin'.

Sara said...

I could hear the 17 if I was looking right at the computer (so my ears were pointed at the speakers)- but if I turned to the side, nothing.

I'm still convinced that the 18 is just a nasty trick and there isn't actually any noise there ;)... OR maybe, as His Servant pointed out in the last post, I'm just getting old...

Rhonda said...

Well, at first I thought I was truly deaf because I couldn't even hear the 11 or 12!!! I kept trying to figure it out, when Ken casually mentioned, "The computer is on mute." Ah - that helps. I actually I heard all, including 18, without difficulty...

Anonymous said...

The 18 one only works on the left channel... but I can hear them all. Ha Ha

Dad

Anonymous said...

When I worked at Klingman's, I had a computer that buzzed. When I asked for a new one, the tech lady couldn't hear the buzz. She had everyone come listen, and only myself and one other girl, both in our 20s, could hear it. When I did this test, Iris (8) was in her room and asked what that loud noise coming from the office was...

steve said...

This was just brutal. I know I cannot hear, but I had hoped to hear something. I could only hear the 11Khz in my right ear. From there I could hear nothing else. Good thing blogging is usually text only!