Thursday, February 23, 2006

what dat girl's name?


earlier this week i watched my two nieces- iris, 6 (will be 7 in a few weeks... seems unreal...) and lila, 3.

the night before, my sister had told them that i would be coming over.

getting ready for bed, lila apparently decided she needed more details... yet her mind went blank.

lila: "uh... what dat girl's name dat goes wit uncle jon?"

andrea (wondering why in the world lila couldn't remember my name): "uumm..... aunt sara?"

lila: "yeah. her. when she coming over?"

great. i have been a part of lila's life for 3 1/2 years, she has met jon 3 times, and HE is the one she remembers. i see how I rank...

7 comments:

~Chaille~ said...

Thanks sad but funny. I also enjoyed your post the other day about the two girls. I hope the distance learning thing works out for ya. Take Care and I will see you on Sunday.

~Chaille~ said...

I meant to say that's sad but funny man I can't spell

Rossi said...

sara,
just wait till you have kids, then you and jon will be back on the same level. no one will remember either of your names, nor acknowledge when you get somewhere....it will all be oh, the baby's here...the baby's here.

lilg said...

dont worry about that bugbite... mine???.... ended up actually being hives!!!

yah.

great.

your the licky one!

lilg said...

wait! i meant lucky.

JDG said...

Hey you.

How's it going? I haven't heard from the man and I know things have gotten hairy over there in the past few days.

What's new?

Marcus said...

cute kids.