Friday, November 14, 2008

MER Weekend

Now this is irony.

I'm sitting on the couch, eating leftover chocolate cake and watching Food Network. Alone.

The reason I'm alone? Jon's at a Marriage Enrichment Retreat.

Yes, 'tis the season in life in which I can't leave Sophie overnight, and this is a "No Kids Allowed" kind of thing. My dear friend Lori has graciously agreed to watch her tomorrow so I can go join them for the day. It will necessitate 4 1/2 hours on the road, but it whatever it takes to be with my husband!

----------------------------------------------------

I actually wrote that Friday night. Jon is now happily by my side! I did go yesterday and had a great time meeting some of Jon's friends and enjoying the beautiful island! (It was at the Westin on Hilton Head Island, SC). Unfortunately, Sophie didn't have quite as good of a day. She's cutting a tooth, so it would seem - today she was drooling and had a runny nose. Many thanks to Lori for doing everything she could to console her yesterday!

No comments: